Friday, January 15, 2016

Mom Guilt

It's been on my heart for a while to write a blog post like this. I am a Christian, wife, mom of three young kiddos, and I work full time. As I said in my last update, the last six months have been hairy at best and there have been many moments where I wondered if I was giving enough to each of these pieces of me that make me who I am. I have referred to these feelings many times over as "Mom Guilt." And I know we all have felt it. 
I love my job outside of the home and I think I am pretty good at it too. However, it is heartbreaking to wake up your daughter at 6:30 am when she is sound asleep and the first thing she asks is, "Are we going to Jodi's today?" As much as my kids like going to Jodi's house, at the ripe young age of three they are already living for the weekend when they get to stay home with mommy and daddy. #MomGuilt
Since having kids I have often thought about the possibility of being a stay at home mom. And in all honesty, I don't think it's for me. Some days I wish it was but it's not a reality that works for our family. I have always found that working outside of the home has made me a better mom for when I am home with my kids. Unfortunately as most of you know the hours between picking up the kids from daycare and putting the kids in bed are not always the happiest. And that makes being away from them during the rest of the day extra hard. #MomGuilt
Because I do love my job and I want what is best for my kids, I tell myself on a daily basis that if I have to be away from them, I am going to make sure that I am doing my absolute best at work. And when I am at home at night and on the weekends loving on my kids, I am going to try to devote as much attention to them as possible and leave work at work. On the days I am home with a sick kiddo, like I was two times this week, I am going to try to put the Mom Guilt away and stop thinking about the ever-accumulating emails in my inbox at work. And when my kids come home from daycare and tell me something that I know I didn't teach them, I am going to try to put the Mom Guilt away and be thankful that we have found such a wonderful provider who cares for our kids when we can't.

So whether you stay at home with your kids, work full time like me, or have found some ground somewhere in the middle, I want to remind you that it is enough.  :)
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.


2 comments:

  1. Love this, friend. You are an amazing mama and whether you are home with your kids or providing for them, they love you the same. God made you to be their mama and you can't be replaced! We need to give ourselves grace too! Love you! Thanks for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. inklinometre deneyi

    it’s very amazing. Thanks for it.

    inklinometre deneyi

    ReplyDelete