Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter weekend everyone! My boss gave us Good Friday off and Kevin has several days off from school, so we are hoping to get a lot accomplished around the house this weekend. Last night we even got to go on a little date to the movie The Hunger Games. I love long weekends!

Anyways, I will start my update with where I left off last week. Last week Friday I had my Centering class. As soon as we get there we record our weight and the nurse takes our blood pressure and pulse. After that we each have individual time with Dr. McKay. This time after I recorded my blood pressure, the nurse pointed out how high my pulse was. It was at 123--which is really high. She asked if I had breakfast (yes) or if I had just been laughing (no). She said to mention it to the doctor when I had my time with her. Dr. McKay rechecked my pulse two other times during that morning and it was still at 110 both times so she ordered some blood work. Turns out my thyroid is a bit out of whack causing my heart to race. Its likely caused from the pregnancy but still something to watch and get under control. I am now taking some medication for this and will get it rechecked next time I go in.

Last weekend Kevin had a coaching clinic in Minneapolis so I decided to go with my parents to visit my Aunt Lori in Nebraska. We had a great time shopping! I found a few more clothes for myself and of course brought home a bunch of items for the girls that she had been collecting.

On Tuesday we had an appointment for our 24 week ultrasound. Since we know the girls have been much more active and can feel them all the time, it was fun to see how they are positioned  and see them move. All four of their feet are in the same spot--which is where I feel a majority of their kicks and movements. We found out that the girls are each 1 pound 6 oz. It's wonderful that they are growing so consistantly, although definately hard to believe that there is already 3 pounds of baby in my stomach! This week they are the size of a grapefruit:


Tonight we plan on going to the Good Friday Service at church and maybe hang out with some friends afterwards. Sunday we will head to Rock Rapids to go to church with my family and then we are having Easter lunch with the Vander Veen side. We wish everyone a happy weekend celebrating the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment